[Python-ideas] 80 character line width vs. something wider

Aaron Rubin aaron.rubin at 4dtechnology.com
Mon May 25 21:35:18 CEST 2009

OK.  Again, this thread appears dead to the OP, since it has been delving
into subjectiveness for quite a while now.
If anybody has more objective arguments to propose, I would love to hear
them.

If not, then hopefully someone will read this thread and pick out the
objective points for future consideration of this highly debated point.

Remember that if Python is to remain a choice for future generations, its
ability to be dynamic needs to remain.  Times change, tools change.
 Languages must change as well.  Making Python a hospitable environment for
future generations to contribute will be important.

This is what made my choice of Python 10 years ago an easy choice.  Let's
not forget to be dynamic so that others will make the same choice down the
road.

 - Aaron

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Ben Finney
<ben+python at benfinney.id.au<ben%2Bpython at benfinney.id.au>