[Python-ideas] 80 character line width vs. something wider

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Tue May 26 17:58:05 CEST 2009

On May 25, 2009, at 13:35 PM, Aaron Rubin wrote:

> OK.  Again, this thread appears dead to the OP, since it has been
> delving into subjectiveness for quite a while now.
>
> If anybody has more objective arguments to propose, I would love to
> hear them.

Personally, I would consider "objective arguments" to be controlled,
repeatasble, studies with quantitative results.  I've seen such
studies about light-background-dark-foreground vs. dark-foreground-
light-background, which is why I use the former now.  I haven't seen
such studies about line width, especially not with Python text as
opposed to English text.

I will therefore spare you my personal, subjective opinion about this
topic.

Regards,

Zooko