[Python-ideas] for/else syntax

Yuvgoog Greenle ubershmekel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 03:58:07 CEST 2009

I wouldn't modify the way for/else behaves btw. I would either:1. rename the
"else" to something else for "for" and "while" loops
2. remove the syntax altogether. 2to3 or 3to4 can do this by changing a
boolean before the "break" statement for example.

expectations of those unwilling to learn the language

I can tell you I love python and of course many newcomers will/do too. I'm
just noting that this might be a pimple worth popping.

One more thing, I have to clear django's name as it doesn't have a for/else
construct, it has a for/empty construct that was inspired by a popular
for/else django template recipe entitled:

> "for" template tag with support for "else" if array is empty

(thanks for pointing that out Karen)