[Python-ideas] Summary of for...else threads

Yuvgoog Greenle ubershmekel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:38:01 CEST 2009

It was a very complete summary indeed. Only 1 thing - I would have
liked it if the buggy examples brought to this thread were noted as
evidence on the "fix for..else" parts of the summary.

I also think that the threads and summary should be linked to by a PEP
(3099 would suffice). This isn't the first time fists were raised
concerning for..else.

2008 - "for-else" -
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:AA6hSopNSIYJ:mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2008-March/652239.html+for+else+site:mail.python.org&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk

2003 - "[Tutor] for/else question" -
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2003-September/025274.html

2002 - "[Tutor] while else, for else" -
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tutor/2002-October/017855.html

2000 - "else clauses in while and for loops" -
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:7Y1eZ5uEXScJ:mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2000-April/031600.html+for+else+site:mail.python.org+blake&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk

2000 - "History question about for .. else" -
http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2000-November/059359.html

So I'm guessing we might be discussing this issue again come python 4000,

--yuv