[Python-ideas] Summary of for...else threads

Yuvgoog Greenle ubershmekel at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 09:38:01 CEST 2009

It was a very complete summary indeed. Only 1 thing - I would have
liked it if the buggy examples brought to this thread were noted as
evidence on the "fix for..else" parts of the summary.

I also think that the threads and summary should be linked to by a PEP
(3099 would suffice). This isn't the first time fists were raised
concerning for..else.

2008 - "for-else" -

2003 - "[Tutor] for/else question" -

2002 - "[Tutor] while else, for else" -

2000 - "else clauses in while and for loops" -

2000 - "History question about for .. else" -

So I'm guessing we might be discussing this issue again come python 4000,