[Python-ideas] Proposal: Moratorium on Python language changes

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Wed Oct 21 21:39:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I propose a moratorium on language changes. This would be a period of
> several years during which no changes to Python's grammar or language
> semantics will be accepted.

+1

While there are changes that I'd like to see, a moratorium for a few
years would benefit all of us in the long run:

- It's easier for companies to justify training.

- It's easier to gain adoption for long-term projects.

- It's easier to hold the attention of potential contributors for bug fixes.

(And for many other reasons, but those are big ones in my book these days.)

 -Fred