[Python-ideas] Proposal: Moratorium on Python language changes

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Oct 21 23:17:42 CEST 2009

Sturla Molden <sturla at ...> writes:

> Isn't this the same as saying it is time to produce an industry standard
> (as in ISO, ECMA, ANSI, IEEE) for the Python language?

If we had plenty of workforce available it might be an idea.
But we have not, and fixing bugs and making improvements is a much better use of
volunteer time than language lawyering, IMO.

> Except for Java, only standardized
> languages tend to be considered for large projects.

The "except for Java" statement makes me think that standardization isn't a real
criterion here. Stability may be, however.

Antoine.