[Python-ideas] Proposal: Moratorium on Python language changes

Yuvgoog Greenle ubershmekel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:38:42 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:02:29 am Guido van Rossum wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:52 AM, geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > Towards that end, I'd also like to propose a very public, very
>> > accessible 'sandbox' specifically for the development and testing
>> > of new language features while the moratorium is in effect.
> I was going to make a similar suggestion to Geremy, an official
> experimental branch in perpetual alpha,

+1 for the sandbox idea.

If crazy suggestions that come to python-ideas are plainly rejected
because of the moratorium then I'm -1 on inventing discussion killers.

If the moratorium PEP shows how a new language feature is to be
introduced in an official sandbox etc, then I'm +1 for the moratorium.

--yuv