[Python-ideas] Proposal: Moratorium on Python language changes

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Oct 22 23:09:17 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you recall, off the top of your head, what language changes would need
> to be rolled back between the trunk and 3.1? I'm basically +1 from the
> peanut gallery, but I'm not really sure what changes have already been
> committed to the trunk.

Not off the top of my head, but a diff between the Grammar file tagged
with r31 and the py3k branch's head suggests that the only grammatical
change was a refactoring of star-expressions which just fixed an
ambiguity.

The change of the 'with' statement to allow multiple handlers made it
into 3.1 so it's safe.

I haven't researched recent changes to the builtins, but
svn.python.org is your friend.