[Python-ideas] stdlib with its own release cycle ?

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 00:31:55 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Michael Foord <fuzzyman at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/26 geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com>

>> > There are all sorts of reasons to want to use Jython and being on a
>> > fundamentally Java oriented platform sounds like just about the best
>> > reason
>> > I can imagine.
>> >
>> > Michael
>>
>> But Jython doesn't run on Dalvik, so its kind of a nonissue.
>
> I was responding to your comment that there was no need to port it. If there
> is a reason to use it then there is a reason to port it.
>
> Michael

Unfortunately, according to people who know Jython much better
than I, the amount of work involved would be analogous to the
effort involved to write Jython in the first place. Since I doubt
strongly that I have either the technical or political skills to
develop and maintain my own Python implementation, I prefer
the escape hatch. Your mileage apparently does vary.

Geremy Condra