[Python-ideas] Pyopt - an attempt at a pythonic optparse

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Mon Sep 7 05:05:59 CEST 2009

Eric Smith <eric at trueblade.com> writes:

> And the name "argparse" is already used by a popular package:
> http://code.google.com/p/argparse/

Which raises the question: Would the original poster do the free
software community a service by, instead of writing a new library from
scratch, try improving to the existing libraries that are already in
use?

--
 \     “As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we |
  `\      should be glad to serve others by any invention of ours; and |