[Python-ideas] Pyopt - an attempt at a pythonic optparse

Yuvgoog Greenle ubershmekel at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:51:07 CEST 2009

To me the most awesome goal for this project would be to make it into the
standard library. The concept is to allow a minimal-syntax decorator to
expose regular functions as opposed to building an entire function just for
parsing all the options. I don't mind where I implement this.

=D

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Ben Finney
<ben+python at benfinney.id.au<ben%2Bpython at benfinney.id.au>
> wrote:

> Eric Smith <eric at trueblade.com> writes:
>
> > And the name "argparse" is already used by a popular package:
> > http://code.google.com/p/argparse/
>
> Which raises the question: Would the original poster do the free
> software community a service by, instead of writing a new library from
> scratch, try improving to the existing libraries that are already in
> use?
>
> --
>  \     “As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we |
>  `\      should be glad to serve others by any invention of ours; and |
> _o__)     this we should do freely and generously.” —Benjamin Franklin |
> Ben Finney

Yuv
hzk.co.il