[Python-ideas] Cofunctions - an enhancement to yield-from

Bruce Leban bruce at leapyear.org
Mon Aug 2 08:29:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz>
 wrote:

> The only special consideration is that 'codef' must be used to define
> any function that directly or indirectly calls another cofunction.

It seems to me that this is a big requirement. If a module that I'm using
uses cofunctions, then every use of that module must be a cofunction all the
way up to my main function.

Worse, I wouldn't be able to change the implementation of a module to use
cofunctions because it will break the current users.

Why do you think this requirement is necessary?

--- Bruce
http://www.vroospeak.com
http://google-gruyere.appspot.com