[Python-ideas] Cofunctions: It's alive! Its alive!

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Aug 11 07:56:44 CEST 2010

Bruce Leban wrote:

> In that case maybe
> there's a syntax (analogous to adding decorator syntax) that doesn't
> require new keywords. There's yield, yield from and cocall.

'yield from' was a happy accident -- there just happened to
be two existing keywords that could be put together in a
suggestive way. We don't get that lucky very often.

The problem with general-purpose syntax extension hooks is
that they don't usually allow you a syntax that's really
well tailored for what you want to do. Typically you end up
with something of a kludgy compromise.

 > Are there more?

Beats me. My crystal ball has been having reception problems
for years. Really should get a new one.

--
Greg