[Python-ideas] Keyword to disambiguate python version

Sérgio Surkamp sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
Fri Aug 27 02:12:30 CEST 2010

-1 from me too.

You'll need to change (or update) the source code every time a new
release went out.

Em Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:59:02 -0400
Mike Graham <mikegraham at gmail.com> escreveu:

> On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Jonny <jwringstad at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would propose that an idiomatic way is created, for instance a
> > pragma or statement, which allows one to disambiguate the used
> > python version in a manner that is both obvious for the human
> > reader, and as well allows python to reject the script, should the
> > wrong version of the interpreter be present. I think this is a
> > quite common problem[1][2], which could be solved in a fairly easy
> > and pragmatic way.
>
> -1 from me on this one.
>
> The risk of something not working only because some dummy put the
> wrong version in the pragma outweighs the benefit of version
> information being enforced problematically rather than merely by
> documentation.

  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Gerente de Rede
::    ........   sergio at gruposinternet.com.br
  `:,   ,.:'     *Grupos Internet S.A.*
    `: :'        R. Lauro Linhares, 2123 Torre B - Sala 201
     : :         Trindade - Florianópolis - SC
     :.'
     ::          +55 48 3234-4109
     :
     '           http://www.gruposinternet.com.br