[Python-ideas] Dump .pyo and the "optimize" flag

Mark Roddy markroddy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:38:53 CET 2010

My team uses the optimized flag when building 'binaries' via py2exe
before distributing.  In the end it really is security through
obscurity, but something is always better than nothing.

On a different note, I don't think asserts belong in production.  I
fully concede that there is no real consensus either way on this
belief so I think it's important to have the option so people can run
in the mode which they prefer.

-Mark