[Python-ideas] clear() method for lists

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Fri Feb 5 22:55:43 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 13:21, Gerald Britton <gerald.britton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Raymond Hettinger
> > <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> ISTM, the language moratorium would preclude this change.
> >
> > Oops, you're right. Scratch the go-ahead. :-(
>
> So does this mean I should bring it up again for the next round?

Yep.

Which reminds me, how do we want to handle ideas that come up during hte
moratorium? Do we simply want to force them to be brought up again when 3.3
development opens up, or should we settle them now and require they have a
PEP or bug marked for 3.3? The former risks a thundering herd of idea but it
does make sure only serious ideas get brought up as someone has to remember
to mention it again in at least a year.

-Brett