[Python-ideas] clear() method for lists

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Feb 5 22:59:32 CET 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> Which reminds me, how do we want to handle ideas that come up during hte
> moratorium? Do we simply want to force them to be brought up again when 3.3
> development opens up, or should we settle them now and require they have a
> PEP or bug marked for 3.3? The former risks a thundering herd of idea but it
> does make sure only serious ideas get brought up as someone has to remember
> to mention it again in at least a year.

I don't think we need to settle on a single process for this. If
someone cares enough to write a PEP or file a bug let them do it. If
they don't but remember when the moratorium ends, we can't stop them.

I suppose a new tracker category for this would be fine to add. If
someone actually goes through the efforts of writing a PEP falling in
this category we can add a new PEP status too.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)