[Python-ideas] Help!!please

Chris Rebert pyideas at rebertia.com
Fri Jul 30 07:28:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Barend erasmus <funbuggie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone help me and tell why this does not work.
>
> prys=0
> tp=0
> pr=0
> f = open('C:\Documents and Settings\ZU1TN\Desktop\Nommers\K55.txt', 'r')
> pr=f.readline()
> prys =int(prys)
> tp =int(tp)
> pr =int(pr)
> tp=pr-prys
> f.close
> tp=str(tp)
> print tp
> raw_input()
>
> THX

Your post is off-topic for this mailinglist.

This mailinglist (python-ideas) is for proposing/discussing ideas for
improving/modifying the Python language.

For general discussion and questions about using Python, please post
to python-list/comp.lang.python instead. It is accessible from either:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/topics

Further, your question is quite vague in not stating *how* the code
isn't working.
You may wish to read the following guidance before posting to
python-list: http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Finally, here's a less redundant version of your code with two obvious
errors fixed:
prys = 0
# Windows file paths either use / or \\ or raw string literals
f = open('C:/Documents and Settings/ZU1TN/Desktop/Nommers/K55.txt', 'r')
pr = f.readline()
pr = int(pr)
tp = pr - prys # which simplifies to: tp = pr
f.close() # you were missing the parens
print tp
raw_input()

Not offering cheers,