[Python-ideas] stdlib upgrades

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Wed Jun 2 09:53:51 CEST 2010

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:22:38 -0700
Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:

> One is that when new modules are accepted into the stdlib they are
> flagged with a ExpermintalWarning

Are you advocating this specific spelling?

> Otherwise we shift to an annual release schedule, but alternate Python
> versions have a language moratorium. That would mean only new language
> features every two years, but a new stdlib annually.

I think this has already been shot down by Guido (I think I was the one
who asked last time :-)). Basically, even if you aren't adding new
language features, you are still compelling people to upgrade to a new
version with (very probably) slight compatibility annoyances.