[Python-ideas] Moving development out of the standard library

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 22:42:44 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
[..]

> Also we have implicit dependency management and versioning already because a
> few libraries in the standard library have .egg-info files installed.

If you are talking about wsgiref, that's the only one that has the
egg-info in the
stdlib, and it will go away soonish (probably in 3.2) since:

- this format will be replaced by the new dist-info (PEP 376).
- this was a mistake imho to add it since wsgiref was not a
distribution in that case

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org