[Python-ideas] Moving development out of the standard library

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 00:31:23 CEST 2010

On 10/06/10 05:52, Brett Cannon wrote:
> But in terms of a general
> python-dev policy, it simply won't happen as it is just too much extra
> work to force upon everyone (Nick seems to be the only one I can think
> of still throwing ideas out there, but even with that I don't know how
> much work he wants to put in).

Pure speculation as to ways this could be done such that it produces a
net benefit for the Python ecosystem as a whole.

I have close to zero interest in actually doing the work involved
myself, since I'm one of those that just uses the standard library for
stuff and doesn't worry if it isn't the latest and greatest.

Cheers,
Nick.