[Python-ideas] explicitation lines in python ?

Daniel DELAY danieldelay at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:45:35 CEST 2010

Le 26/06/2010 04:36, Guido van Rossum a écrit :
> I don't know where you got the word "explicitation" -- I've never
> heard of it. (Maybe it's French? You sound French. :-) However, this
> feature existed in ABC under the name "refinement". See
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~steven/abc/qr.html#Refinements

You guessed well : I'm french and a bad english speaker :-( ,
"explicitation" was a mistaken translation.

 From now I'll use the term "refinement" from ABC as this language
inspired Python

Thanks for the link. It's a bit difficult for me to figure out precisely
how this feature works in ABC, this quick reference lacks of examples to
illustrate each concept and it seems difficult to find more documentation.

But I'm happy to see this feature has been implemented in few languages.

Cheers

--
Daniel