[Python-ideas] Making Python more enterprise technology

Dj Gilcrease digitalxero at gmail.com
Mon May 10 01:57:07 CEST 2010

2010/5/9 Filip Gruszczyński <gruszczy at gmail.com>:
> For some reason Python seems not to be seen as an enterprise
> technology unlike Java or .net. Do you think there any steps that
> could be taken, to change this opinion? I love Python, but all job
> offers I can find at the moment are web development. At my company we
> use Python a lot, but that's only because my lead is a very sensible
> person and sees python potential and me and my friend are python
> enthusiasts. Anyway, beside one Python + Qt project we mostly use
> Django for projects. How can this be changed? What Python is lacking?

The only thing lacking from Python / Django to make it "Enterprise
Ready" is an SLA (Service Level Agreement) that said enterprise
company can pay 200k/y for that gets them nothing.

Both Java and .Net have SLAs companies can pay for that lets them call
and bitch about bugs, and an Account Manager on the other end that
knows how to make pissed off corporate bigwigs happy without giving
them anything.