[Python-ideas] i18n and Python tracebacks

Mariano Reingart reingart at gmail.com
Sun May 16 01:20:04 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> Python, to whatever level, easier than with 2.x. But I think further steps
> will require more initiative from the various other-language communities. In
> other words, more is needed than 'I think it would be a good idea...'. I
> also think it would be good if they cooperated to not re-invent the wheel
> (differently) for each language and form something like an Intermation
> Python Working Group (assuming there is not such now). Current core
> developers, of necessity, are comfortable enough with the current situation
> and mostly have other itches to scratch.

As we were talking about this issues here in our local mailing list
too, I set forward and made a draft proposal with some thoughts:

http://python.org.ar/pyar/TracebackInternationalizationProposal

It includes very very early patch against trunk, with some messages
translated to spanish (harcoded).

Sorry if there is any mistake, I hope the interested people (here in
Argentina at least),  with more experience in C and Python, would help
me to fix/enhance this and/or champion it.

Do you think this is the right way?

Any advice will be appreciated, and any help is welcome

BTW, as you may have noticed, my first language is Spanish, so pardon
my English.

Best regards,

Mariano Reingart