[Python-ideas] time.wallclock() or other similar stuff

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Nov 2 10:33:26 CET 2010

Kristján Valur Jónsson wrote:
> Bringing this in from python-dev, and http://bugs.python.org/issue10278

> I proposed adding a time.wallclock() to address this issue, which would be the most suitable function for the job on any platform.  The patch is an example implementation.  Any thoughts?  And yes, I acknowledge that the time module is complicated enough as it is :)

You might want to look at the systimes.py module that comes with pybench
(see Tools/pybench). This already provides a cross-platform way of
accessing high accuracy timers for benchmarking and the like.

For obvious reasons this tries to measure run-time, though, and not
elapsed time.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 02 2010)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/