[Python-ideas] Detecting circular imports ?

Fred Drake fdrake at acm.org
Sat Nov 20 12:53:14 CET 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> Informing the user that the module code hasn't completed yet when the
> AttributeError occurs may be good enough.

Perhaps it makes sense that this is an attribute on the AttributeError
that gets set, and AttributeError.__str__ adds to the message when

Yes, that *could* be a subclass, but I'd hate to get an
IncompleteModuleMaybeACircularImportAttributeError when it's just a

Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at acm.org>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein