[Python-ideas] Adding an optional function argument to all() and any() builtins

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 10:44:23 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 01:34:57 +0000
Andy Buckley <andy at insectnation.org> wrote:

> To reiterate, though, for those who like me have a blank day and fail to
> realise that generator expressions are a neat and powerful idiom in this
> case, I think it would be nice to mention this in their documentation.

Yes; generally speaking, generator expressions should be mentioned in "official" doc along with every feature they are a useful parameter of, with a sensible example use case. Genexprs are extremely useful, but under-used in real code because they are somewhat new in the programming culture. Doc should help in making them more famous.

Denis
vit esse estrany ☣

spir.wikidot.com