[Python-ideas] Pythonic Dates, Times, and Deltas

Daniel G. Taylor dan at programmer-art.org
Wed Oct 13 22:59:38 CEST 2010

On 10/13/2010 04:42 PM, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> mxDateTime implements most of these ideas:
>
> http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/mxDateTime/
>
> It's been in production use for more than 13 years now and
> has proven to be very versatile in practice; YMMV, of course.

Hah, that is a very nice looking library. I wish I had looked into it
before writing my own. Looks like it still doesn't allow write access to
many properties in date or delta objects, but looks to have a lot of
really useful stuff in it. I'll be taking a closer look shortly.

Any idea why this hasn't made it into Python's standard library while
being around for 13 years? Seems like it would be extremely useful in
the standard distribution.

Take care,
--
Daniel G. Taylor