[Python-ideas] stats module Was: minmax() function ...

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Oct 18 23:57:09 CEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:45:14 pm Éric Araujo wrote:
> [Sorry if this comes twice, connection errors here]
>
> > http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stats
>
> Isn’t it a potential source of errors that the module name is so
> close to that of stat?

The name is not set in stone.

Any name is likely to lead to potential errors -- it took me five years
to stop writing "import maths", and I still never remember whether I
want to import date or datetime. But it's not a critical error -- it's
pretty obvious when you've imported the wrong module.

--
Steven D'Aprano