[Python-ideas] Move Demo scripts under Lib

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Oct 26 17:18:44 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Alexander Belopolsky
<alexander.belopolsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> The one demo that I want to find a better place for is Demo/turtle.

Sure, go for it. It is a special case because the turtle module is
also in the stdlib and these are intended for a particular novice
audience. Anything we can do to make things easier for those people to
get start with is probably worth it. Ideally they could just double
click some file and the demo would fire up, with a command-line
alternative (for the geeks among them) e.g. "python -m turtledemo" .

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)