[Python-ideas] Portable Continuations in Python

Anoop Thomas Mathew atmb4u at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 20:12:30 CET 2011

Hi All,

I was wondering whether we can have a feature like, portable continuations
(as present in Scala 2.8) is possible in Python. It is a feature, by which
executions can be stopped in between, and transferred to another computer
and resume the process. This is a standard feature in scala 2.8. Something
similar is present in Stackless Python, but it doesn't support 'Portable'.
I am not sure how can we do that. But, if it is possible, and if some one
can throw some light how to achieve that, I am ready to volunteer to dig
deeper.

Awaiting comments,
Anoop Thomas Mathew

atm