[Python-ideas] Python Isn't Perfect: adding a 'gotchas' section to the tutorial

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Dec 10 18:45:54 CET 2011

Hello Richard,

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:16:21 +0000
Richard Prosser <richard.prosser at mail.com> wrote:

> This is an important issue, so I propose that the Python tutorial be
> updated to highlight such problems. I would be willing to write a draft
> section myself but obviously it would need to be reviewed.

I think documenting "gotchas" can be useful indeed. However, I'm not
sure the tutorial is the right place: it should present an easy to
grasp view of the language, not digress about edge cases.

So perhaps a FAQ, for example, would be more appropriate.

In any case, feel free to propose a draft on http://bugs.python.org
You can take a look at http://docs.python.org/dev/documenting/ if you
are not familiar with the process.

Regards