[Python-ideas] Python Isn't Perfect: adding a 'gotchas' section to the tutorial

Mike Meyer mwm at mired.org
Mon Dec 12 06:59:54 CET 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:34:07 -0500
Ned Batchelder <ned at nedbatchelder.com> wrote:

> Richard, I don't think I can provide you with a "why" for dynamic
> typing.

And this is the wrong place to ask. Dynamic typing and naming objects
dates back to the precursors to LISP in the mid 50s. You should be
asking the people who made that decision.

By the same token, have you asked anyone why C/Java/etc. have static
typing and name locations? It's an equally valid question.

    <mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm at mired.org>		http://www.mired.org/
Independent Software developer/SCM consultant, email for more information.