[Python-ideas] 回复: Columnize in module "cmd"

Tom Zhou pytom at yahoo.cn
Wed Dec 21 04:28:54 CET 2011

Thanks  a lot for your reply!
I've reservations,  maybe code looks like:
"""
colwidth = max(map(len, list))
ncols = displaywidth/(colwidth+2)+1
nrows = size/ncols+1
for nrows
     for ncols
          texts = list[...]
          output texts
"""
is clear, and just waste some space of stdout.

---
Best Regards
tom

________________________________
 发件人: Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org>
收件人: Tom Zhou <pytom at yahoo.cn>
抄送: "python-ideas at python.org" <python-ideas at python.org>
发送日期: 2011年12月20日, 星期二, 上午 7:14
主题: Re: [Python-ideas] Columnize in module "cmd"

That code is trying to find an optimal solution where the columns may be of different width.

Good luck!

--Guido

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Tom Zhou <pytom at yahoo.cn> wrote:

>Hi~ alls
>
>recently, i focus on the module "cmd", and find some confused things-- the function named "columnize". Why we need a multiloop as
>"for nrows ..
>        for col ..
>                   for row.."
>?? i think we can make a easier method, for example, first, find out the maxlen str in list, and use its length as the standard size to format the list.
>Ok, maybe i ignore something, so please give me some hints.
>

>---
>thankstom

--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)