[Python-ideas] Cleaner separation of help() and interactive help.

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 16:18:53 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Ronald Oussoren
<ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:

> I don't agree. I'm quite happy with help in its current form.

Indeed, if the default pager isn't suitable for the default terminal
program, that sounds like something to bring up with the OS developer.
(I have no problems with the default setup in Kubuntu)

Separating out the string generation from the display process for 3.3.
may be a reasonable idea, though (similar to the separation of
dis.code_info() and dis.show_code() in 3.2)

Cheers,
Nick.