[Python-ideas] Coercing str.join() argument elements to str

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Mon Feb 28 23:49:49 CET 2011

Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> I just saw someone mention this on Twitter, and I know that I've been
> bitten by it before. Seems like it wouldn't break any existing code...
> The worst that could happen is that someone gets nonsensical strings
> in new code instead of an exception.

"I find it amusing when novice programmers believe their main job is
preventing programs from crashing. ... More experienced programmers
realize that correct code is great, code that crashes could use
improvement, but incorrect code that doesn’t crash is a horrible
nightmare." -- Chris Smith
http://cdsmith.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/an-old-article-i-wrote/

--
Steven