[Python-ideas] dir with a glob?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 30 15:41:29 CEST 2011

Sturla Molden <sturla at molden.no> writes:

> dir(object, "foo*")

I ask again: what would you expect (give an example) the output of this
to be?

> What I am asking is if the need to filter the output from dir is so
> common that it could warrant a change to Python?

Given that we already have ways to filter a sequence built into the
language, I doubt the need for a special way to filter the output from
some particular function.

--
 \      “I used to be a proofreader for a skywriting company.” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |