[Python-ideas] @run_as_thread decorator

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Mar 5 19:32:40 CET 2011

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 19:00:52 +0100
Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rodola at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't know whether it is a good idea to provide such a thing
> natively, but I can't even figure out what exactly is wrong/weird with
> this exactly.

I don't understand what this two line variant brings over the other
two-line variant:

  t = threading.Thread(target=func)
  t.start()

Basically you are proposing to complicate the API for no real benefit
except that it "feels good". It also makes things harder to learn for
beginners since there are two abstractions stacked one over the other.
It doesn't sound like a sensible addition.

Regards

Antoine.