[Python-ideas] A user story concerning things knowing their own names

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Mar 17 00:03:59 CET 2011

Westley Martínez wrote:

> If it went unnoticed, what's the matter?

It only went unnoticed because until recently I hadn't
run any code that depended critically on it being right.
A bug is still a bug even if you haven't found it yet!

When it did became apparent that something was wrong,
it still took quite a long time to track down the cause.
I was looking for a bug in the get_content_size()
method, whereas it was actually calling a different
method altogether. Having attribute accesses go astray
like that is not something you expect.

--
Greg