[Python-ideas] Linking Doug's stdlib documentation to our main modules doc.

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri Mar 18 02:47:50 CET 2011

Terry Reedy wrote:

> Various people have written various docs showing Python by example. I do
> not think any one should be singled out in the docs. On the other hand,
> the wiki could have a PythonByExample page (or pages) with links to
> various resources.

What he said.

With all respect to Doug, do we really want to bless his website more
than any of the other Python blogs, tutorials, etc. out on the Internet?

I wouldn't mind having a prominent "External resources" page in the
Python docs, if it is actively maintained and doesn't turn into a bunch
of dead links in 12 months time. But I have grave doubts about linking
to an external site all through the module documentation, no matter how
useful it is. Who controls the external content?

--
Steven