[Python-ideas] Function multiple arguments assignment

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:33:13 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that part of the problem is all those "subprocess." prefixes.
> Using from subprocess import * is so tempting here... :-)

As Antoine noted, selective direct imports definitely reduce the
verbosity, as do things like simply abbreviating the module name.
Using the convenience helpers (like subprocess.call()) when applicable
also helps.

There's probably room for another helper or two, though - e.g. I think
there's a patch on the tracker somewhere that makes it easy to create
threaded background readers to keep the stdout and stderr pipes from
filling up and blocking the child process.

Cheers,
Nick.