[Python-ideas] Suggestion: Integrate the script "pindent.py" as standard command for formatting pyhton code

Giampaolo Rodolà g.rodola at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:12:55 CEST 2011

Brian Curtin <brian.curtin at gmail.com>:
> This is already included in the Python source tree, so I'm not sure what
> further inclusion/integration you are suggesting.

Really? I honestly fail to understand why one would want to use such a
tool at all.
It always assumes the worst scenario (bad indentation / mixed tab
spaces / copy & paste went bad) and tries to solve it by adding
unnecessary cruft.

2011/5/26 Serge Hulne <serge.hulne at gmail.com>:
> Make Python code more readable for developers used to end of blocs
> delimiters (Ruby, C, C++, C#,Java, etc ...)

Unless the block code is very long and/or not nicely written it's
*less* readable.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib/
http://code.google.com/p/psutil/