[Python-ideas] Suggestion: Integrate the script "pindent.py" as standard command for formatting pyhton code

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 27 06:41:04 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 9:28 AM, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:
> Even sending Python code by email seems to be fine most of
> the time as long as you indent it with spaces, unless there
> is some particularly braindamaged piece of software in the
> way. All the Python mailing lists and newsgroups I frequent
> seem to handle space-indented Python just fine.

Email is generally fine, but quite a few commenting systems are
braindead when it comes to handling whitespace correctly. Even there,
a simple leading dot on each line can generally resolve the issue, or
else you put the code on a code pasting site and just link to it from
the comment.

Cheers,
Nick.