[Python-ideas] __iter__ implies __contains__?

Ron Adam ron3200 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 18:40:02 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-03 at 18:20 +1300, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Terry Reedy wrote:
>
> So I would declare that
> "for x in stuff" always implies a *new* iteration, and
> devise another syntax for continuing an existing one,
> such as "for x from stuff".

I like that.  +1 for what ever future python it can be put in.

Also, we currently don't have an InconclusiveException, which would
mean; it may be True or False, but I can't tell, So handle this
carefully.

But it seems to me that nondeterministic results, make programmers
uncomfortable. So I have a feeling that things like this would not be
popular.

Cheers,
    Ron