[Python-ideas] Help mode improvement.

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 11 06:03:57 CEST 2011

Stayvoid <stayvoid at gmail.com> writes:

> I want to make an improvement connected with the interactive help mode.
>
> Example:
> You want to check some keys in the dictionary, but you can't remember
> the syntax of the command.

In those cases, the obvious thing to do is to get help on the type, with
‘help(dict)’. Your output pager has a search command; if it doesn't, get
a better output pager.

--
 \         “I went to the museum where they had all the heads and arms |
  `\      from the statues that are in all the other museums.” —Steven |