[Python-ideas] Help mode improvement.

Sven Marnach sven at marnach.net
Tue Oct 11 14:23:25 CEST 2011

Sven Marnach schrieb am Di, 11. Okt 2011, um 12:34:27 +0100:
> And there are some special topics like
>
>     help("DICTIONARIES")
>
> for an introduction to dictionaries.  I wonder if anybody *ever* found
> that documentation from the interactive prompt.  There would certainly
> be a point in advertising this documentation somehow when entering the
> interactive help prompt.

I just noticed that these topics *are* advertised in the interactive
help prompt, and can be listed by entering "topics".  Apparently I
never read the introduction text carefully enough.

There is also keyword-based module searching by entering

    modules [keyword]

at the help prompt.

Sorry for the noise,
    Sven