[Python-ideas] Statement local functions and classes (aka PEP 3150 is dead, say 'Hi!' to PEP 403)

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Oct 13 23:57:12 CEST 2011

Paul Moore wrote:
> I think that the semantics
> are sufficiently Pythonic, it's just the syntax that is jarring, but
> it *is* something to be careful of. Decorators felt much the same when
> they were introduced, though...

They *still* feel that way to me, even now.

This is unusual. Every other addition to the language I've
eventually come to like, even if I was unsure about it at
the time. But to me decorators still look like something
awkwardly grafted on from another universe. I would hate
to see any *more* things like that added to the language.

--
Greg