[Python-ideas] List Revolution

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:39:31 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 17:11, Christopher King <g.nius.ck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is some confusion about my idea (I didn't intend it as a joke,
> but I was unsure, I was really surprised when Guido endorsed. I think people
> have been thinking that my idea was as follows:
> 'a'
> 'b'
> 'c'
> It is not that. I would not want it to be in words. That would be dumb what
> my idea was was this:
> 'a'
> 'b'
> 'c'
> I'm not sure if this one is good, but if not, I'm sure you we come up with
> another line of jokes (I like jokes, so its alright.)

I think everyone knows what your suggestion was - list indexes
starting at 1 instead of 0. Simply put, it won't happen.

Think of this: by the time Python 4 even rolls around, it might be 10+
years down the road, putting Python at 30+ years old. We can't change
something so fundamental to not only Python, but almost all other
languages, after 30+ years of existence in Python and even more
elsewhere.