[Python-ideas] List Revolution

Ron Adam ron3200 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 23:04:46 CEST 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 09:32 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 9:52 PM, ron3200 <ron3200 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So it can be done either way.  It's just not good to try and mix index's
> > with counts.  (Not suggesting we do this, but if we were starting from
> > scratch, I don't see any problems with it.)
>
> I do. It violates TOOWTDI.

I meant that I didn't see a problem with using counts instead of
indexes, if we were starting from scratch, and if that was the only way
to do it.

Here's a good guideline that isn't in The Zen of Python...

Just because "it can be done", isn't a reason to do it!  ;-)

Cheers,
    Ron

(Fixed my email name, so maybe this will get posted faster instead of
taking a whole day to show up.)