[Python-ideas] Object interface to path names

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Fri Sep 16 02:34:59 CEST 2011

David Townshend wrote:
> I suspect, however, that I'm not using the term
> "asynchronous" as it normally refers to disk operations,

It sounds like you're using a rather application-dependent
combination of asynchronous I/O and cacheing.

The way asynchronous I/O is normally used is that you start
the operation, go away and do something else, and either come
back later to check whether it's finished or arrange some
kind of callback when it finishes. Most applications would
not be tolerant of inaccurate results.

--
Greg